In addition to necessary documentation of seafarers’ and fishermen’s qualifications, training, medical issues, etc. it is sufficient that the following documentation is available at the time of crew change.

  • A copy of the employment agreement. A copy must be available of the seafarers’ employment agreement (SEA) and of the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) which forms a part of the employment agreement. The same applies to a copy of contracts for other persons working on board.

  • Persons who work on board shall hold an identification document. Norwegian citizens may use their Sea Service Book or passport.

  • For those who do not hold a Sea Service Book, a valid passport and a copy of their employment agreement will be sufficient to document that they work on board a Norwegian vessel.